“OUCH!” “… Do you find yourself saying that when you get up from a chair, or do you hear your loved one saying that painful expression? If you want to manage your back pain, it is essential to be adequately informed. I hope today’s blog post will provide you with some tips to help you ease your frustrating back pain.
1. Reduce pain immediately by compressing your back. Wrapping your back will compress it and reduce your range of motion, both factors that will positively affect back pain relief and the healing process.
2. Riding around in the car a lot can cause back pain. Make sure that your seat is adjusted so that you can easily reach the wheel and pedals without stretching, so as to reduce back strain when driving your car.
3. Focus on your posture all the time. Always keep your elbows tucked against your side. Make sure your feet stay on the floor, with one of them marginally in front of the other one. It is also important to keep your back properly aligned by sitting up straight. Maintaining the proper position of your neck is important, too. Never look down or stretch your neck in order to view your computer monitor. If you are forced to do this, try to find a new position for your monitor.
4. Make sure that you drink plenty of water every day. And, a healthy diet can help ease back pain, especially if it includes foods that help reduce inflammation.
5. Getting regular massages can really make a big difference with the amount of pain you experience in your back on a daily basis. A lot of pain in your back comes from living day to day, and stresses involved.
6. A heating pad can be applied on your back if you are hurting. Heat dilates the blood vessels beneath the skin, which stimulates blood circulation. This increases oxygen flow to the area of pain, which in turn provides relief. Heating pads are portable and versatile, and can be used in either a seated or lying down position.
7. Stressing about back pain will only serve to worsen it. Learning to relax is key, as it will decrease your chances of experiencing muscle spasms.
As mentioned earlier, being properly informed is essential in managing a serious issue like back pain. I hope the tips found in today’s blog post can help you make informed choices on how to best handle your back pain, or the back pain of someone you love.